Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Turbo issue? Video link

tnc110 ยท 2016-09-22 07:52

I haven't had this machine long. Fuel pressure at high idle sits right on middle. Oil pressure is pegged. In the video, the first blade I push you see a cloud of black smoke, then the turbo starts screaming. First time this has happened. Turbo continues to scream, then slowly quiets towards end of video. What happened here? https://youtu.be/k50gzX4XW8o

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-09-22 08:52

    Pull the pipes off both ends of the turbo and check the wheels for slop and oil leakage. If it has a waste gate, make sure its not stuck.. and check for air leaks. and if it has rubber boots anywhere in the air system, make sure they aren't collapsing..

  2. #2tnc1102016-09-22 09:12

    Should I here the turbo like I do in most of the video, or should it be more quiet like at the end?

  3. #3jctech0122016-09-22 09:23

    Make sure you don't have a hole or a split in a boost hose, between turbo and inlet manifold

  4. #4hvguy2016-09-22 19:15

    The turbo sounds fine. Not sure what the puff of smoke was. Maybe stuck injector? I agree with thepumpguysc, check the turbo shaft play (in-and-out) and make sure its not worn. If your careful, you can take off just the intake and get a good hold of it with one hand. Good luck