Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Turning a backhoe into a three point tractor?

Wino ยท 2015-07-20 08:35

I have an old Deere 410, I started kicking around the idea of removing the hoe and adding three points. I've noticed a plate in the rear of the trans. Looks like it could cover a PTO. Does anyone know of people doing this? Is it feasible. I got the idea after seeing a road crew with an old 410 with a concrete brush on the rear instead of a hoe.

Replies4
  1. #1hosspuller2015-07-20 16:52

    Deere made several industrial tractors. I considered a couple as aux power units for my farm. They are generally very heavy and cheap (an AG tractor is better suited for field work). You'll likely spend more time and money converting your 410 than selling it and buying an ag tractor.

  2. #2Delmer2015-07-20 17:37

    No it's not feasible. It may be possible to add a PTO, but definitely not practical, you'd probably have to remove the transmission innards to add the PTO parts if it's even possible with the trans it has. Just price the replacement 3 point parts and you'll see that it's not going to be worth it.

  3. #3Frick2015-07-20 18:31

    Hey, if you're set on removing the hoe... I would be interested in buying it for parts! Just kidding. I'm with the others. It would be waaaaay more work than selling the whole machine and buying what you want/need.

  4. #4Wino2015-07-20 19:44

    Thanks guys for the replies, I figured that was the case, thought I'd ask anyway. I am intending to sell the machine, can't nail down my hydraulic issue. I figured it would be worth more as a working tractor. If I can get $6500 I'll be happy. It has a great running motor. Starting to do a lot of dirt work and would be better off with a excavator. Thanks again, Wino