I picked up my first piece of equipment for my dad and I's farm. 04 Case 580 Super M Series 2. It has 600 hours on the machine. Old man from MD owned and took pretty good care of it. First order of business was to unstick the throttle. Little bit of lube and working the throttle and she is all freed up. 2nd order was to grease the machine. 4 tubes of grease later and all is good in the world. I can't get over how clean this machine is. Closest thing to new on a used piece I could find with out emissions. BTW, the AC will freeze me out of the cab on high. 2nd piece I picked up is a 2006 Case 821C with 4k hours. Came with all maintenance records, serviced almost every 100 hours. Comes with aux hydros, hydro forklift attachment, JRB quick connect, AC etc etc. Not as clean as the backhoe but for the price, couldn't go wrong. Need to get a rake made for it and it;ll be good to go. Anyone have any advice on either machine on what to look out for or to keep an eye on?
We had a m series 3 and it was a good hoe. If it has a quick disconnect bucket on the rear the lines break on occasion. Message here if you need any help there is some pretty smart guys in here. Best of luck with your new toys.
Congrats on the purchase, it looks like a real clean machine. That looks like a healthy load behind the dodge, hopefully it doesn't need to leave the farm much...