Hi this is the first time I've posted on this forum, although I've been lurking on it for a few years now! I live in Ireland and I'm a maintenance fitter by trade, although I've always been a fan of all types of machinery, especially scrapers (a rare sight in Ireland ). Thought I'd share a few photos I took back in 2009. They belong to a local earthmoving and plant hire company. They were parked up at the back of an industrial zone for several months, would love to know where they're working now. They were in superb condition, especially the dozer. Thanks. Have some more pics if you are interested.
That 9 looks great!
Yeah it was mint!
Welcome to the board, nice pics and you could get a lot done in a days time with those 3 units
Nice units, the hydraulic tank is not even seeping on the D9H. That's unusual. Still the best way to move dirt.
Cool looking machines, we almost bought a 9H once. Love your dogs too. I have a Grey myself.
Why would anyone want two Greyhounds? I'd better watch-out as there are two of them sleeping right upstairs! Some people think they are high energy dogs, well they are for maybe 5-10 minutes a day the rest of the time a soft place to sleep is the preferred place in the house. They are often referred to as 45 mph couch potatoes! Ours like most here in the states are retired racers and they sure know what retired means!
They were near newbridge?uncle used to drive the dozer.last I heard it was going abroad. Price tag of €65k. Reman engine trans and uc
Haha, yes we have a greyhound, Italian greyhound, and rat terrier. Funny, the greyhound never runs except to prove hes faster than our IGGY haha. Our grey raced 4 races and was done, hes only 3 Y/O.
Our old guy, 11 year old has given up on the running stuff, the girl who is only 6 years old still likes to do "hot laps" around the pen, 40 by 50 feet, every so many days. She'll do about half a dozen in one direction, stop and do the same the other way and then if she is real frisky repeat the same. Don't know how many races she did but I think she did pretty good. Then she was trained to be a service dog for a Veteran with PTSD, unfortunately due to health problem he was not able to keep her after a couple years so we were given the opportunity to adopt her. We do still take her out once in a while with her vest on to keep her happy with her work. Do this mostly to help "train" the public on the proper way to deal with service dogs. Most people do understand not to bother the dog, but there are a few that ignore the vest and want to run over and pet her. Young kids actually seem to be better about asking before touching the dog.
Thats right, photos were taken at Toughers Industrial Estate. Sad to hear its no longer in the country, wonder where the scrapers are? Do you know anything else about McCann's? Where are they based? Do they have any other gear? Thanks.
Ours are definitely not high energy! Like you said maybe a couple of short bursts now and then! They're both retired racers.
Here is a link I got from TCTractors years ago that you will like Jake.Ron G http://bostonpowercat.com/
Great collection of photos, thanks for sharing, hard to get good restoration/repair pics. Have been following this guy on youtube for a while, has some nice (older) equipment, as well as some new. He is also on Facebook with regular updates. https://www.youtube.com/user/RolyD8k/videos
He used to post here regularly too,it is amazing how much equipment he has.As I remember he and Tony are friends too.Ron G
He used to have a thread on The British Farming Forum, showing operations at his farm as well as hundreds of workshop/ repair photos, it was one of the most interesting machine threads that I've ever seen. Seems to have bought a lot of new gear recently as well.