Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Two Loaders on One Trailer?

TKOFarms ยท 2023-11-15 23:47

Hello all! I'm a long time lurker, but first time poster. I'm looking to buy two smaller wheel loaders for hay farm needs. To save on transporting costs shipping across country, would it be possible to load, for example, a 1991 Case W14c and a 2001 Deere TC54H on the same trailer? Forgive my naivety (stupidity) regarding any regulations or logistics that would prevent this. Here are the basic specs: TC54h - 27k lbs, 24 ft length W14c - 19k lbs, 20 ft length. Thank you much in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1Tyler d4c2023-11-16 06:15

    Not the way I'm looking at it you've listed 46000 worth of iron there's not a truck and trailer out there that both would fit and then still be under 80000. Maybe a aluminum step deck and a light tractor. But I'd imagine the new hollland would be to high

  2. #2TKOFarms2023-11-16 09:10

    We had a Case IH Steiger Quadtrac 550 shipped across country and I believe it weighs 53k+ by itself. I was thinking the length of the two loaders would be a constraint but they've got to make some longer trailers. But I don't know anything about this. Haha

  3. #3The Peej2023-11-16 09:16

    I am no trucking expert but its my understanding you can get an over weight permit but only if the load is not dividable

  4. #4CM19952023-11-16 09:24

    That's the way I understand it at least here in AL. To add the term "easily dividable" will probably vary from state to state as well. For example counter weights, buckets, blades, etc are deemed easily dividable here. FWIW TKO you will probably need to ship them separately but I'm no expert on the matter either.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2023-11-16 10:13

    Much like the others said I'm not a expert either but I tried something similar once and couldn't due to being a divisible load

  6. #6TKOFarms2023-11-16 10:58

    Thanks everyone! That is exactly the info I was looking for. I figured there was probably a regulation type thing that would prevent doing this. Go figure.

  7. #7Shimmy12023-12-04 21:44

    You can be 89k on 6 axles in Idaho. It least I know you could 10 years ago. A 53' triaxle step deck should work, but you are going to need a pretty light tractor. Quick couplers so you can drop the buckets and haul them separate will help you also.