Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Typo in 580SE Service Manual wiring ?

Birdseye · 2022-09-28 11:00

Hi I removed the floor panels from my Case 580se and I’m trying to sort out several unknown, loose wires and make repairs. I’m looking at the Service Manual and the Parts Manual as well as a wiring diagram but it’s not exactly clear. The loose wires I am attempting to reconnect have to do with (I think) the backup alarm and e-brake alarm. The service manual has a picture of the Shuttle transmission and a pair of wires marked “4. Switch for Parking Brake Buzzer”. But I suspect this is incorrect and should say “Switch for Reverse Warning Beeper”. Or, is the service manual correct and there is a single oil pressure switch that serves both backup alarm circuit and the e-brake alarm circuit ?

Replies1
  1. #1gggraham2022-09-28 14:04

    That is for the reverse alarm, 580SE had a switch mounted by the park brake lever for that alarm see diagram. Park brake switch in red, reverse alarm pressure switch in blue.