I'm looking at buying a used 7'x14' dump trailer from an old friend. I've seen him using it and it seems to be in pretty good shape. It's a little rusty but it's about 10 years old. I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with U-Dump and if I can expect the trailer to last a little while or is it just about at the end of it's life. This is their website: https://udumptrailers.com
Welcome to the forums dN! Glad to have you. What’s the price and any pics?
I don't have a pic right now. I can get one. He wants $2500 for it. He says he paid $8000 for it 10 years ago and recently put new tires on it. They don't have prices on their website so I can't even see what a new one costs. I've never heard of the brand and I was just hoping somebody could vouch for them. Thanks.
If you can use it a couple times it should be easy enough to judge what kind of shape it's in, and whether it is holding up to the use it's had. That's cheap for any functioning dump trailer. The website isn't convincing me, they seem like any other cheap trailer, just have to know their limitations. See the other dump trailer thread for more: HeavyEquipmentForums
Appears the 7x14 dump trailers are MSRP around $12K probably plus taxes and title. https://www.equipmenttrader.com/dealers/Equipment-for-sale-at-U-dump-Trailers-in-Ocala-Florida/2970660?dealerid=2970660 If the trailer is in decent shape, dumps and has 4 new tires that's not bad.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think it's fair to say a working dump trailer at that price - especially with what new ones cost these days - is probably a good deal regardless of the brand. I appreciate the help.
Sounds cheap to buy. Have the bearings and electric brakes checked and refreshed. Check the battery. If you have to replace all that, you will still be ahead of the game.
If you are handy and that is what you want, anything can be fixed. That is a cheap starting point.