Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

UH7-7 Track driving Issues

Kilwinning ยท 2013-06-30 17:53

Hello new to the forum,(First Post) I have been doing a little browsing since last night,on the above subject,but have been getting sidetracked with all the other info there is on here . It is a great site and I can see I will be spending a bit of time here.So a big hello to you all! Old Equipment I have. 1979 580C 1952 7U D4 A Borrowed UH7-7 Hopefully someone can give me some pointers on where I should start looking for track drive issues on the UH7-7.The UH7-7 was working fine pulling dirt towards me. when I moved a short distance and pulled the pile back towards me again,when I went to move, only one track would move, the other would move an inch or two either way.at first I thought the track was bound up with debris but that is not the case .It almost seems like the brake is not releasing.I had to get my D4 to finish the job (it had to be ready for the next day) If the pump was not stroking could it cause these symtoms or should the track roll slowly with it in the air.I know this not much info but it has been a hectic week and I have not been able to look at it yet. (We are moving our house down the hill so I may well have some interesting photo`s next week) Sorry for the long Post Kilwinning

Replies0

No replies yet.