Ordered trans filters for my 8k, usually use standard filters but they sent me UHE for fire resistant oil.Would these be too good for the old girl ( plug up quicker) or can I still use them. Do you have to change them more often. Bill.
A UHE filter is used as a clean up filter in your machine,they are changed at 250 hours or sooner if plugged.If you have rebuilt your transmisson they are a good deal. Bob
As above, UHE filters are really good for cleaning out systems after a component rebuild. If the system is already very clean they can be used as a "stock" filter and will go 500 hours between changes the same as standard ones. The problem as I see it with them is that you need a warning system to indicate if the filter is plugged (so therefore bypassing and no filtration of the oil) so that you can pull the element and replace it. Not all older generation machines have this facility. FWIW we use UHE elements in all our hydraulic & powertrain applications and you can see the difference in the cleanliness of the oil when our SOS results come back. What part Number of filter did they send you and what do you normally use..?
Betting the dealer sold you PNO 132-8876 UHE filter. An older machine such as the D8K should use PNO 1R-0741 Standard Efficiency.
I would be afraid to use them if the ol' girl has a ton of hours. Unless you want to scrub the oil for a bit and short change them.
Yeah thanks fellars,I hade my suspicion after reading the literature on them. According to my records the trans was rebuild about 3-4 thous hours ago. Nige and Cutterjohn the part#they sent is 4t-3132, I normally use IR-0741. Should I still use them and change them at 100 hours or so?
A 4T-3132 filter is not a UHE filter it is a fire resistant fluid filter.Suggest you use the 1R-0741 filter. Bob
Bob's correct, the 4T-3132 is the filter listed for fire resistant fluid. However long before UHE filters were available on the market filters like the 4T-3132 were used as cleanout filters because they were a lower micron rating than the Standard Efficiency filter. Although it is listed as a filter for use with fire resistant (water-based) hydraulic fluid it will still work fine with mineral oil. Someone mentioned 132-8876, that is classed as UHE and rated at 6 microns. The 4T-3132 is rated at 18 microns, the 1R-0741 at 35 microns. If it was mine I would leave the 4T-3132 in until the normal filter change interval or until it plugs, whichever comes first. At that time go back to the 1R-0741.
Thanks for the info Nige, rather then sending them back I think I will use them and change em out sooner.