Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Forum search

4xtrak.chmp ยท 2014-08-01 21:02

Does the forums search work or am i just an idiot? I really set myself up didn't I ! I type in td-8 in the search bar and it comes up with no matches??? It should at least find my post !

Replies6
  1. #1Plant Fitter2014-08-01 23:06

    The forum search is very poor. The best way I have found is to use Google search, type in td-8 (or whatever you are searching for) then type after it site: HeavyEquipmentForums and the results of the search will all be from this website.

  2. #2mitch5042014-08-02 00:40

    It is poor, your main problem was that it requires 4 or 5 or more characters to search

  3. #34xtrak.chmp2014-08-02 08:20

    I fully intended to see "your an idiot" when I got on here today...lol Thanks Guys

  4. #4Andrew_D2014-08-02 18:40

    Yup, google search works nice if you are wanting to search a specific site. I use this link: http://www.google.ca/advanced_search . You can type in what you want, don't want, site, etc. Andrew

  5. #5lantraxco2014-08-02 23:00

    add something, "TD-8 dozer" seems to work, of course you have to do multiple searches maybe to find what you want.

  6. #6Andrew_D2014-08-03 10:10

    It could be the hyphen that is messing your search up. Many search engines see a hyphen as a command to look for results that do not have the word after the hyphen. In other words, TD-8 would return results with "TD" that do not include "8". However by using quotes "TD-8", you are telling the search engine to look for the entire phrase in the quotes. Andrew