Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Uhhhh no thats not how you transport loose materials..

YT1300 · 2026-08-28 13:27

No mesh/solid cover over the high heap is one thing but to then see the huge tailgate gap just makes this a lot worser to look at! https://cdllife.com/2026/chps-comme...ns-on-pickup-hauling-uncovered-load-of-rocks/

Replies5
  1. #1JaredV2026-08-28 22:34

    Are all loads required to be covered in CA? I don't see a problem with the top of the load by Washington standards. Just have to have 6 inches of freeboard.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-08-29 09:23

    The only thing I would have done was to put a 2x4 in the gap. That river rock, ain’t gonna go nowhere.

  3. #3Deere500a2026-08-29 11:17

    Guess they're to stupid to latch the tailgate but the area red flags bet trailer is stolen no lic plate grab & go

  4. #4smifwal2026-08-29 15:11

    The quarry here won't let you load if you don't have a tarp set up and the dot hover close to the quarry like gnats around fruit

  5. #5Welder Dave2026-08-29 16:41

    You'd think someone would notice the tailgate wasn't closed. If the only issue was the rock was uncovered I don't think is that big a big deal. It won't go anywhere.