Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Um, what were they thinking?

544D10 ยท 2008-08-14 01:40

It almost looks fake. http://www.break.com/index/how-not-to-move-a-truck-with-a-crane.html

Replies17
  1. #1curly2008-08-14 07:14

    I'm amazed that crane could lift that load, it would almost seem impossible even with the boom almost fully in.

  2. #2HeyUvaVT2008-08-14 07:31

    i call BS on that..how could that little crane pick that thing up????

  3. #3landrvrnut222008-08-14 08:10

    Actually, that is not a little crane. It is more of a forklift of sorts, designed to move sea containers, even when fully loaded. It grabs the containers by the top, locks into the holes, and lifts them to move, or load onto trucks. http://www.ieeforklift.com/ReaTerTFC45.htm There you go, it's capactity is 99,000lb. While marginal, it probably could have moved that crane if it was better balanced.

  4. #4Lashlander2008-08-14 09:14

    Thats the trouble with lifting loads that are not balanced. It puts all the weight on the lower rigging.

  5. #5HeyUvaVT2008-08-14 11:33

    wow...your telling me that thing can lift 99k holy moly it looked like it was the size of a small loader in the video...color me impressed!

  6. #6544D102008-08-14 18:56

    That will stack containers 5 high at 99,000 lbs.

  7. #7insleyboy2008-08-14 20:40

    Not a hard hat in sight, then the signal man.. (I guess thats what he was) walks right under the listing platform.....not good!

  8. #8oisinirish2008-08-15 13:45

    This is pretty bad too. View attachment 22460 View attachment 22461 This one has gone around our company a few times. Anybody know what kind of dozer that is. Drive sprocket center high? There are more pictures but they get real gross as you see the rest of the operator

  9. #9CAT973D2008-08-15 16:21

    This is a track Skidder Model No. 527

  10. #10digger242j2008-08-17 10:44

    Discussed here. I see Steve already took care of editing the posted pictures. In the thread linked above, there's another link to a discussion about the dozer pics. I'm sure the whole staff here would appreciate if everybody would read through that one as well. Thanks.

  11. #11oisinirish2008-08-17 13:37

    Sincerest Apologies Those photos were sent around to "wake everybody up" to seriously considere safety on a daily basis. No offense meant

  12. #12Thundurbyrd2008-08-19 12:38

    If you watch the video closely you will see that the rear cables are actually streched around the back end of the crane truck!!! This is how people end up injured or dead.:idea

  13. #13digger242j2008-08-19 14:42

    None taken. I don't think anyone that's tried to post them here at HEF was doing it just to share the gory aspect. We decided that there are less severe, and just as effective, ways to communicate the safety message on this site. Back to the topic of this thread...

  14. #14gostr8r2011-06-21 22:18

    I agree with that statement fully, :iagree but in this case it was the upper left corner that looked like it failed first.

  15. #15gostr8r2011-06-22 08:14

    Here's a link that includes some of the foolishness I did before I matured and tried to act like a professional. These days are far behind me now and I am grateful to have lived long enough to say that. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...ore Crane Rental Corporation/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ16

  16. #16Vantage_TeS2011-06-26 21:51

    Whoaaaaaa, some crazy stuff in there. I love that one of you sitting up top with a crazy look on your face.

  17. #17gostr8r2011-06-27 12:00

    Thanks, but those days of my monkey act are waaaaaay behind me!