How this could have happen is beyond me, but here ya go. I want to straighten out this steering line but did not have a tubing bender that would handle 1/2 inch tubing and a conduit bender would not bend a tight enough radius. This is what worked for me. I started with a 3/4 X 1 1/2 bolt and nut, a 2 1/2" steel v-belt pulley, and a piece of 1 3/8 X 1/4 flat stock. the 3/4 inch nut with the corners turned off to fit inside the pulley the flat stock with a 3/4" hole in it and bent the end over weld the nut into a steel v-belt pulley screw it all together and we have a handy dandy little pipe bender. A 1 1/8" socket fits the bolt so any ratchet or breaker bar can be used to bend the tubing and a open end wrench on the flat stock allows the bolt to be loosened when your done. now the line is at least back in the retainers and won't hit the shuttle.
You're pretty durn tricky, you are, Jimr. But I bet you do know how that happened. 'Cause you came up with that slick way of bending that there tubin', don't you think that we don't know that you the one that bent that piece aforehand. You just trying to get use confused and off the subject matter that you be the one doing the crookedness and coverin' up by gettin' a straight pipe to go crooked. Yeh! I'm onto to ya'! You a slick one! We all be watchin'you from now on. Packratc
You got me figured out Packrat, I just didn't want to admit that I tied the line to the drive shaft for extra support . Jimr
At least you came clean with a confession. Makes you feel better, doesn't it. I've done the same thing before. The trick I learnt was to use a slip knot. If that doesn't work, tie it to the carrier bearing. That'll carry her through 'til you get done with the job. Packratc