i am looking for a light dozer the weight restriction is due to the need to air lift it into the location. any advice would be helpful thanks adam
What's the budget and application? I would rather have a compact track loader that size than a dozer.
Along with lumberjack's idea... they make dozer attachments for the compact track loaders too. We have one and those little machines work really well, if the operator keeps an eye on his tracks.
Even a Komatsu D 20 or D21 is 10,000 lbs. I don't think there is a dozer in that class other than maybe one of the specialized trail maintenance machines. I would recommend a CTL too.
Even a CTL is going to be heavy. You may have to disassemble & ship in two separate loads. Pulling the blade, ROPS & tracks would cut a considerable amount of weight & it shouldn't be that hard of a task depending on the scope of the entire project. Twisted