Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4045 deere engine

dyedfuel2 ยท 2014-08-06 09:20

hell everyone Im looking for a reputable reman engine builder or even a used 4045 to4045t498292 if anyone could help im not looking to finance it lol because its got a **** ton of hours on it any help would greatly be appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2014-08-06 18:04

    I have been quoted $1600 for a rebuild kit which included pistons, rings, bearings, liners and gasket/seal kit for a 4045hf275 engine, genuine JD here in Australia which is darn cheap even for here. Unless the head needs decking a half decent engine builder should be able to do the job.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-08-06 19:44

    You can try looking on here: http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/ For new, used, reman, long block, etc. Every seller is independent and separate, buyer beware I guess but at least there's a variety of listings.

  3. #3Delmer2014-08-06 21:40

    That kit is much closer to $1,000 here in the US, assuming that Deere doesn't charge more in the Northeast. Assuming the engine wasn't too badly messed up and you have the time, I'd look locally first.