amazing to see how a under water dozer feeds an excavator with materials! looks like they are deepening the river / pond http://www.isaris.nl/ppm/dredging/index.php?movie=jfSq1C2eLTI
Yair . . . I think that's a load of B/S. I can't see any thing happening there that couldn't be done with a Sauerman scraper at a fraction of the cost . . . and yes I have used a floating haulback not a problem. Cheers
Scrubman I think you're right, a yarder with a sauerman bucket would do that double quick.
Depends what the river bed is made of. They probably looked at the conditions before investing a couple of million in specialised plant. Just saying.
Yair . . . I hear you ih100 but being an old cynical b*****d I see a lot of mountains getting made into molehills . . . folks forget (or never knew) the ways things were done before the advent of remote control and such. Case in point. Canal job. A big canal job. Excavators and wiggle waggons. Okay for a while and then they hit the blue-mud, consistancy of soft cheese. Everything was bogged. excavators sinking, absolute schemozzle and they persisted with it for months . . . bought in a D8 with winch for extractions. My mate could have sat up there with 120 feet of stick on the old Northwest and loaded out the Moxy's or road-trucks with yard and a half bucket. Would have been a good job too no probs. As I say I see B/S all the time around here any way they have pretty much lost the plot. Cheers
With you there, Scrub. Nowadays here in the old country you'd think the only plant that exists is excavators and wiggle wagons. There are very few draglines, and about the same number of operators for them. Mind you, there is a limit to what a 1-2 yard bucket will penetrate under water, and they aren't a fast machine even in good going, when you need to hit a dump body. If this is a hard clay or gravel bed, with limited access on the bank, this isn't a bad way. May even just be a trial for the technology. Who knows?
Here is a video of the Komatsu "underwater dozer" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPHKVLZ6-ug I think it's a similiar machine in the video.
Wouldn't scuba gear be cheaper than all that remote control stuff
I agree with some of the statement but, a good dragline will have cycle time that will keep up with excavators, plus they can move more yardage per cycle. Now with that said good dragline operators are becoming fewer every day where everyone is a digger driver...
Yair . . . Thanks for link CM1995 there are several clips on the Tube. Machines are fitted with four in ones and I suppose they could have their application. One clip shows one crapped out and being recovered by t'other . . . lotsa fun I reckon just can't see the point. Cheers.
Me neither.:beatsme Although it's always fun and interesting to watch other people waste their money.
they where made for recover coal&ore from story age under wateronley work in 20-40ft
an other money waster: pushing mud http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LVdk4zMXZOI :Banghead
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/e84b7c212f60ddccda38a019.html they've been mucking around with these things for a while.
WOW,at the beginning i do not know what happen!Finally,when i saw the dozer out of the water,it is quite amazing.