The idler bearings on our 1150B dissapeared . The center of the roller is worn away . It only does 100 hours on a very good year but runs like a sewing machine .I was thinking of doing a cheap fix with either flanged oilite bushes with ID 60 mm and OD 75 mm or BU type split bearing bushes (dry running type) or am I too tight with the pocket ?
On a dozer that runs like a sewing machine, I'd do it a little better than something like a roller on a mini excavator that doesn't travel much, or a manure spreader on a hobby farm type of repair. My thinking is you can either weld it up quick and dirty, or if you're going to machine it out, then you might as well put a sleeve and the original bearing back in it. Plus, you'd hate to think of where a dozer could get stranded vs a manure spreader. I can say that a hard shaft runs better than you'd think on a bushing made of plain steel pipe as long as there's a bit of grease.
Thanks Delmer , it is hard to beat a dung spreader for a rough repair . All mistakes get covered up fairly lively . I would have to replace my carrier brackets to go back to taper roller bearings to get some seals working . As for greasing , short on using a spade on the operator , I would have to go and dig out the grease nipple my self daily .
Yair . . . Well said Delmer. Over the years I have posted on here about modifying pivots of loaders and excavator buckets and such like with sections of new D9 track bush and using standard D9 pins. Cheap, effective and it really does work . . .not in the original posters situation though. I am just making the point that some of the old ways are still very appropriate in some applications . . .hi-tech is not always better. Cheers.
Just an update on this . I measured and drew up the shaft and boss and got the oilite bush 6 months ago ,gave it to the machine shop 2 months ago and welded it only now .