Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Undercarriage

cwooten ยท 2008-01-26 12:37

Does anyone know which undercarriages are interchangable with a D5B? I know that some D6 9U's, D5 B's, and I think a JD 450 are. What about a D4D? I have a worn out uc on my D5B with good engine and trans. I think it is a 24X.

Replies7
  1. #1PETE3792008-01-26 14:07

    Do you have a local track shop around? They can probably help you the best with your options. If you need to purchase a full U C you can get some aftermarket quotes from guys in machinery trader parts section. The local guy might be able to save you some $ if the whole things not junk, and tell you what you need.

  2. #2surfer-joe2008-01-26 23:46

    Go to your local Cat house. No, no, not that one, the other one, the one that sells machinery, and ask for the Parts and Service Rep. He will be able to tell you all you need to know.

  3. #3cwooten2008-01-27 13:57

    May do both, cat dealership and track shop. Thanks.

  4. #4hardtail2008-02-03 04:12

    I have a conversion book, trouble is it is for other manufacturers to switchover to Cat U/C. I looked at JD450 and the conversion shows D4, so thats waaay off, looks like some D6 and other models might switch but I'd confirm.

  5. #5Rusted2008-02-03 07:56

    D6B, 955K/L chains will fit the D5/B

  6. #6cwooten2008-02-04 14:49

    Thanks a bunch. I am looking.

  7. #7steve loving2008-02-05 20:06

    d5b undercarriage your d5 s/n 24x your top carrier rollers are 9s3570 the bottom single flange rollers are 7k8572 the bottom doble flange are 7k8571 the jd rollers are not the same a 64j s/n 955 are the same