Tracks have been adjusted per spec since new but this is strange. Owning tracked machines is not new to me but the wear pattern is unique on my kubota kx057-5. On machinerytrader.com I noticed a U55-5 had the same wear pattern. Maybe the width of the sprockets are slightly different?
Where the sprocket contacts the the track lugs is on center and has uniform wear on each sprocket. That's why I think it is only a minor sprocket width issue. Hopefully...
How old is the machine? Looks pretty new.
2021 model with 241 hours, one operator, me.
Working off the front of machine with blade down about half the time. I'm clearing downed trees from hurricane damage on my property.
Unless it's just wearing the paint off and not real wear my only guess would be wrong tracks and not matched to sprocket.
One track tighter? Or do you generally turn one way? Regardless I assume they will eventually catch up to each other. That’s pretty minor looking wear.
I bet you are right handed.
Are they OEM or aftermarket tracks?
Tracks are definitely adjusted to spec. I'm very particular about maintenance. Tracks are oem from the factory. Maybe they are still in the break-in process and I'm just over analyzing it.
Tracks never evenly from side. It all depends on the operators dexterity which then means one side is favoured more than the other and here's the thing. No one realises they are doing it until you see this and I was no different until it was pointed out by a bloke in a track shop.