Does anyone know why the hydraulics would become "jerky" sometimes? It doesn't happen very often but when it does I have to just let go of the controls.
Good day Kirk I suggest you install a gauge to the pilot pressure providing that the very experience is not isolated to one circuit. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me a little more about pilot pressure. I'm no hydraulics expert. I have checked the relief pressures of all the functions and they were right where they're supposed to be. I don't remember seeing anything about the pilot pressure in the book. Will it have its own port on the hydraulic pump.
Good day Kirk Yes you have a separate mini hydraulic system this is a progression from rods and cables of earlier excavators. I attach some general information which may help, however as I interpret your issue is that of a intermittent nature which is always tricky to identify. A gauge installed where it can be observed from the cabin will enable the servo system to be checked out when the issue is active. We can make some information specific to your machine but this takes some time. Maybe you have an excavator mechanic nearby that may be able to give some local help. Have a nice Xmas Kind regards Uffex