Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Universal hand pattern control changer install for excavators and backhoes

Mountainmover · 2014-08-14 06:20

Hello. I have a Cat 225blc cat excavator. I am most familiar with backhoe control. But other operators are familiar with old cat style controls. Does someone make a hand pattern control changer that is a universal install on most machines? Specifically my 225blc? I changed the hoses around on the old cat 225blc to accomadate my backhoe style. But i need it to be able to be changed like my cat 320c machine.....which has a factor setup to change the pattern. also. i need to install one on some old backhoes. specifically a john deer 310c. thanks so much!

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2014-08-14 12:28

    Good day Mountainmover You have a number of options open to you - electronic - manual hydraulic - or permanent alteration if you would like detailed information you will find this at excatech.com Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2CRAFT2014-08-14 13:26

    Had the Factory Pattern changer installed on my 320CL and it was a mere $4500 …… then I installed an electric over hydraulic changer on my 312 for $500 … this was in a Kit form from one of our hyd suppliers, I LIKE IT WAY Better than the OEM from Cat, besides the fact of the $$$ …… But CAT claims they cannot do the other (electric) due to liability claims of have the switch inside the cab. The electric Kit was installed within the pilot lines where they are joined and colour tagged at the place where you would normally mechanically change them over to other patterns, run a 3-wire cable up into the cab and install a dual position rocker switch (I installed mine where there were squared out holes for additional switches, back side of the arm rest) making it difficult to accidentally bump the switch ….. As far as a Pattern Changer for a Backhoe ??? …well not familiar with the 310, but I did do one on a Case 590SM ….. you cannot put a changer on them …. you had to change 2-rods at the rear under the 2-joy sticks because Backhoes DO NOT use a Hyd Pilot control system for the rear Hoe ….. Good-luck !

  3. #3Mountainmover2014-08-14 14:11

    Thank you so much for the replies guys. I cannot get the excatech link or site to pull up . Is it spelled differently? My cat 320c has the factory mechanical block with lever change. What is the brand name of the $500 electric change kit ? On a backhoe.... Could I just not tee into the hydraulic lines coming out if the valve bodies and have two splitter valves mounted ? Of course.... Won't be much room for all the hoses! Lol.

  4. #4Mountainmover2014-08-15 03:11

    I got the excatech site to load. But, I could not find the info on the hand pattern control changer so I wrote them a message......

  5. #5CM19952014-08-15 07:50

    Willie posted a thread or within a thread about an aftermarket pattern changer he uses, however I don't remember which thread it was.

  6. #6grandkobelco2014-08-16 07:00

    It was "holmburyusa.com-products09-pattchanger" I saved the link because we need these, but now the link doesn't work.

  7. #7lantraxco2014-08-16 13:56

    http://holmbury.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/07/Pattern-Changer-17-Sept-12.pdf