Hey guys, a friend of mine has a TL130 for sale. The hour meter says 2,200 hours, but he doesn't think it works, and it looks like it has about 2x that many hours. He got it at an auction, and replaced the engine block with one from a common rail machine. He also replaced the oil pump, because it wasn't making oil pressure. The oil dummy light is still on, but he hooked up a mechanical guage in the cab, and it is making good oil pressure now. The tracks are actually in pretty good shape. One of the rear sprockets is pretty beat, but the rest of the rollers and the other sprocket seem to be in good shape. It could definitely use some tlc (new seat, paint, a couple dents beat out of it, one of the handles welded back on, a new peice of glass on one side, and a new door), but it seems like a solid machine to start out with. What would you value it at based on my description. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it. Looking forward to hearing what y'all think! Thanks in advance! Courage
Hard to tell W/O pictures. Different engine, beat on, unknown hours but running? Maybe 10 to 12k if it can be put to work immediately. Around here one like that would push 14to 16k but not sure I would pay that much.
For sure. Wish I had thought to take pics. They use it daily for feeding livestock i believe. He's asking 13k...
Meh, not sure I would be willing to go over 11k. How are the tracks on this one. I bought and flipped a T130 last year that needed an overhaul, had new tracks. Bought for 8k put 1200 in it and flipped for 16k.
Gotcha, hmmm. That's the number my dad had in his head. Since he's a buddy though, I don't know if I want to make an offer on it. Might just keep looking. Wow! 8k! What did you have to do to it? Oh, and the tracks on it are probably 70%.
Needed a hone, pistons, rings, put a new head on it. New seat, most hydraulic lines. Bucket needed a bottom and a new cutting edge. Good cleaning and it looked good. It was an abused machine but the tracks were brand new, sprockets were worn. Sat on CL for 2 months and I needed a winter project. Now that I think of it, I had more like 2400 in parts. Lol Don’t tell the wife. Almost kept it and sold the Scat Trak but didn’t really need a tracked machine.
Oh wow! So it needed quite a bit of work! Maybe this one would be an alright deal for me, since most of the major work is done, and it's $2,600 more than what you had invested in yours
Look at it this way. If it runs decent and can work, a tracked skid will never be under 10k for the known future.
Good point! Now that I think about it, I've honestly not seen a tracked skid under 10 even if it didn't run...