Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Unload an MT85 from a semi trailer using a 317G with a 96 x 48 heavy duty wood pallet

TorontoGuy ยท 2024-02-13 19:19

317G tipping load is 6000lbs which is double the weight of a MT85 I would assume it would be safe to lift the MT85 off the trailer on a heavy duty pallet with a 317G.. I would not turn in any direction what so ever when the arms are up. I will reverse straight back until its clear and lower the arms.. What yall think?

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2024-02-13 20:37

    The rated ROC on the 317G is 2100 pounds, per Deere's website doesn't say if that is 35% or at 50% of tipping, at least what I read. The BC weighs about 3100 pounds. If your careful it likely will lift it. The lift will likely be closer to 3300 pounds with bucket and pallet. How the load is positioned on the forks will matter, too much weight at the end of the forks, may cause it to tip.