Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Unresponsive thottle motor

looneytunes ยท 2021-03-29 20:15

I have a 2800 link belt trackhoe thats throwing me a curve. Sometimes can fire it up and with the throttle dial all the down in idle position it start at a idle like it should and dial it up like it should. Sometimes u fire it up with dial at idle and it will start up in high idle. Kill it right away and sometimes it will start at idle like it should and sometimes high idle again. Sometimes it takes shutting it off 4 or 5 times before it cranks at a idle like it should. Ive checked wiring and ground at the throttle motor with no luck. Can anybody tell me whats going on? Any response will be much appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2021-03-30 11:45

    Probably should provide a little more information concerning the machine. Full model and maybe a serial number. Those machines changed substantially over the years.

  2. #2looneytunes2021-03-30 21:51

    That link belt 2800 track hoe is the quantum series.. it the same machine.as the old 9030 case machines. Thats about all i can tell ya. Im about 25 miles from the machine or i would provide the serial number.

  3. #3John C.2021-03-30 21:55

    That's probably enough info. The model before that was the CII and the throttle motors were just junk. I left that dealership before the Quantums got old enough to have all those problems. Check your wiring for any bare spots. I would still suspect the problem to be in the throttle motor itself. Unhook the mechanical linkage and the harness plugs and see if the throttle shaft is hard to turn.

  4. #4old timer2021-03-31 13:55

    I agree with John C. I would also look at the bypass switch, the 90 series Case had some problems there. Replaced my fair share, I used to keep 1 in the truck, for swap-nostics (prove it to the customer) Hope this helps

  5. #5looneytunes2021-03-31 15:15

    Okay guys i appreciate the info. Ill check the wires and the motor. Ill keep yall posted. Thanks again..