Hi all, I've got a Mitsubishi MM35 excavator, essentially the same as a CAT 303.5. The machine stats up right away but the stop solenoid on the injection pump is actuated and the engines cuts out after a couple seconds. I replaced the solenoid but the issue still persists. I'm wondering if any of you know if there is a relay that controls the solenoid or if anyone has any ideas as to what the issue is. Thanks! Sean
Probably has a 3 wire run solenoid no power to the run wire or coil is bad
What do you have, energize (pull in) to run or energize to stop? If it's energize to run, and as Tyler d4c sez it has three wires running to it, check for voltage with key on. One wire is ground, one is pull in, goes hot when you engage starter, and the third will be run, if no voltage, then blown fuse, bad switch, bad relay, bad wire?
Ahhh gotcha. The stop solenoid only has 2 wires so I think its energize to run, ill have to do some more testing. I'm thinking its a bad relay as its killing power to the solenoid which causes it to engage and shut off fuel. I am having trouble finding that relay tho! might be burried...
The stop solenoid only has 2 wires so I think its energize to run, ill have to do some more testing. I'm thinking its a bad relay as its killing power to the solenoid which causes it to engage and shut off fuel. I am having trouble finding that relay tho! might be burried...