Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Up date on the terex recoil cylinder.

KittyMan ยท 2022-03-31 20:28

To day I found that I can take that big monster out without splitting the track,thank the lord it worked. When you have nothing to loose but more work,ya may as well roll the dice and it worked. Now I just have to find all the seals for it.

Replies10
  1. #156wrench2022-04-01 10:41

    We like pictures here

  2. #2KittyMan2022-04-01 21:04

    I will have my IT expert (my wife) put some on since I am not real tech savy.

  3. #3skyking12022-04-01 22:07

    They make it pretty easy here KittyMan. If you post from your phone, you can upload phone pictures right while you post.

  4. #4russ612025-03-24 11:25

    I know this is an old thread but, were you able to find the parts ? I think I'm looking at the same job.

  5. #5BC Placer gold2025-03-24 11:36

    I wonder as well what the result was.... What do you have? 82-30? Did the grease side of the cylinder fail? I have found the grease side more prone to failure. The nitrogen side on our 1964 C-6 (82-30) has held pressure all these years! We found a NOS recoil cylinder at C & C repairs, Plain City, Ohio. Charles Gaul (founder) was really helpful. We also purchased a NOS (new old stock) complete front idler wheel for our 82-30.

  6. #6russ612025-03-24 15:23

    Yes ,I have an 8230.I believe the nitrogen side has failed. At least there was no pressure last time I messed with it. Going to be a summer project for me. The warmer weather has me wanting to get out and work on it! Currently setting in not too nice of spot with track off.The top support roller broke off,was bareley welded on. Have to get a big track hoe to pull me back and lift it up to put track back on.

  7. #7BC Placer gold2025-03-24 15:38

    Would definitely be worth a call to C&C. Good luck with the repair. I bought a nitrogen tank and rigged up a hose to allow nitrogen recharging. At one point we used our Hitachi ex270 to move ours around.

  8. #8BC Placer gold2025-03-24 15:46

    A couple of diagrams:

  9. #9BC Placer gold2025-03-24 15:47

    A few more:

  10. #10russ612025-03-25 08:48

    Thank you!