Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bought a Komatsu D45P-1 Looking for Parts

PungoPete468 ยท 2022-03-31 22:29

Hey everyone, this is my first post here but I've used this forum as a resource for a while now. I've just started an excavation and land clearing business, but before that I've been a Master Auto Tech for about 12 years now, I'm a hobby machinist, I have a bunch of old iron in the shop that I retrofitted with modern CNC conrols, 17" x 78" Clausing & Colchester, Bridgeport style knee mill that I retrofitted, and a Mazak V-7.5 VMC that I'm still working out the kinks in the tool change operation... I make crude replacement hard parts when necessary, some are better than others... Anyways, I bought a D45P dozer, and it runs and operates fairly well all things considered. I can't find replacement parts for this machine to save my life. Does anyone have a decent parts source or a go-to site for komatsu dozers? One of the injector connector pipes is leaking fuel, the air filters are worn to wire mesh skeletons, the angle cylinder needs seals, etc. It needs some TLC... Also, If anyone has a dismantled or inoperable machine I'd be willing to buy some parts from it. I'm planning on using this machine mostly for pushing dirt, ripping roots, and unsticking my dump truck when it gets stuck in the field. I'm not able to pay dealer prices for this stuff, the prices are usually so unreasonable that I can't even consider them a resource...

Replies4
  1. #1epirbalex2022-04-01 05:20

    https://en.av-gk.ru/catalog/komatsu/ parts can be bought off here , Ive not done that but use it with my workshop manuals

  2. #2gggraham2022-04-01 09:34

    Seals could be measured and bought locally. We do this all the time for customers, buy them from Grizzly or Hercules.

  3. #3PungoPete4682022-04-01 13:32

    Thanks for the replies, I checked that site you suggested and it looks promising. as for the hydraulics, I'm pulling off the angle cylinder this afternoon and I'll disassemble everything and bring it up to a local hydraulic shop to see if they can source anything for it. I have the parts manual with the original part numbers on all the seals and O-rings but nothing seems to cross reference to anything available anywhere in the US. The only place I've found that can use the part numbers to source the seals is a factory in China...

  4. #4epirbalex2022-04-01 16:03

    For the smaller o rings it would be possible to buy a box of assorted Komatsu one's off internet sites like e-bay . As for the ram spear seals and the larger o rings they won't be hard to find . Check the shim that the spear rides on in the head of the ram for wear .