Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

updating from 580SL to SL series 2

69zfarmer ยท 2012-08-14 20:19

I have never liked my priority swing option on my early model SL.I love everything else about my backhoe and i have owned it for the last 6 years and trust it even with 6400 hrs. to give me many more years of service.I found a 2000 series 2 with1,800 hrs. and equipted just like mine with cab and a/c,4wd,4in1 MP bucket,extendahoe. I am having it delievered tommorow.It has alittle cosmetic damage on the hood.One cylinder is seeping around the rod,needs a muffler (inside guts is rattling)i think i can sell my series 1 and put about $3000 with it and pay for my series2 i just bought.My old one is for sale and looks better than the newer one.

Replies2
  1. #1case 580sm2012-08-16 19:47

    Good to hear you stick with case backhoes. Have been with them for over 50 years. I've only operated the e series, and m series, and the new n series. I have a 580 super m now, very good machine, 5000 hrs, tight, and clean. Best investment I ever made. stick with case all the way case 580sm

  2. #2funkinalive2012-08-19 17:18

    if yours is in better shape then keep it. it may sound silly but a good looking backhoe can sometimes reflect how its been treated. for a backhoe with 1800hrs and such damage i would be suspicious, especially with the weeping oil around cylinder. we have a 580k phase 3 which is still going strong at 10400hrs. all things considered, since you know what your hoe has been through, and if well taken care of, should get you to 10000hrs. i personally think that the L's are one of the best TLB's case made.