Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

US Navy JD 544D?

Ryn Labrie ยท 2017-04-05 10:34

I have a 1985 John Deere 544D. I'm looking for any manuals or information on it. I've done too many google searches with no info to show. The serial number is USN45-03282, if that helps. Thanks for your time.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2017-04-05 11:45

    A D is a D is a D I should think, your local Deere dealer or perhaps Ebay will have owners and service manuals, parts can be looked up online here, a quick look shows no serial breaks in parts choices that aren't direct subs. YMMV: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt I have my doubts that serial number is anything other than the military ID number, but it's hard to say. If there's a serial number plate on the engine your dealer can probably tell you the true machine serial.

  2. #2chansey2017-04-13 02:42

    Here's some info that may help On line Parts and Service info JD 544 https://www.deere.com/en_US/services_and_support/manuals/manuals.page? http://www.apd.army.mil/ military tech manuals All military units have a tech and service manual--you could call your dealer