http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5868237&guid=396191C940B343928055E6F1DF9D717C $28,500....I'm interested, but don't like that it has 5200 hrs on it. Leasing company says one trenching company leased it since new (we'll see about that). Has deluxe cab, 4/1 bucket, Xhoe, no leaks decent tires, paint looks good. 5200 hours.....seems like too much, not for the year, but for my liking. Properly cared for, what's this thing got left before big bills start happening? :beatsme
Have they got any papers on what has been done to the machine already ? Who did the machine belong to ? Was it a owner operator machine ? Backhoes are usually well abused and with the machine having 5800 hours that is getting up there. The back tires look like they are almost bald but it might be just the way the picture is taken. Case hoes are good machines they usually always net top dollar and for 28 grand you can't go wrong with that a 590 4x4 new is 150 grand. Tires are the bigger expense the rest of the machine shouldn't be too bad. Have you tried the machine if so how is the hoe itself how is the boom pins ? It is hard to tell but is the hoe wobble sticks or 3 stick foot pedal machine ? How much are you going to use the machine ?
They haven't told me yet. According to them, it was leased by one company all its' life, and they allegedly take exc. care of their leased equipment. It DOES look pretty good for a '97. It belonged to a trenching/piping company in New Jersey. New Jersey is pretty easy digging (compared to New hampshire) Leased. 5200 hours. Seller says tires are "OK", nothing great. It's a 4 stick machine, they said they'd convert it to wobble sticks for an additional $500. Only ~200 hrs/year, so I figured the higher hours won't be a really big factor. I really wanted something in the 3500-4500 range. 5200 would only be OK if I got a great deal. I really wanted AC, too..... no AC in this one.
I wouldn't pay 500 dollars to have wobble sticks try learn how to use the sticks I think you will catch on to them pretty quickly. You can feather the hydraulics easier with them. If its belonged to one company all its life that is good news and if its done nothing but utility work its prolly spend most of its life on pavement. It sounds like a decent deal I have seen beat up worn out junk sell for that kind of price. Go have a look at it in person and try find a dirt pile to test the machine on
I think if they maintained it it should be fine i have seen them with alot more hours on them. the stick is not bad to run once your get used to it you really have better feel around pipes. I could not see the hoe to good but if it does not have the 40th aniversery sticker on there it might be a made in '96 model badged a '97 ,just check to see if it does becuase i have a '97 580 L and it has it on because 2007 is the 50th year aniversery for them. I would say that is a fair price for that machine .
Thats a good price for that machine. I hae a Case 580L with 9600 hours on it. I could still use it, but i parked it and am using it for snow. I rented a Case with the wobble sticks and hated them, I prefer the 4 stick with the foot swing because you have better control. I also learned on a 3 stick. I would say Case wins the backhoe market just because I've seen people beat the machines merciless and they haven't died. Check under the floor mat for rot. Not everyone pulls the mat out to clean it, so it often rots.
Well, I went and looked at it today.... massive machine....but pretty beat. The doors & floor had swelled-up sheetmetal, cancer set in already around the cab, door seals beat, 3 of the gauges were broke, fan didn't work, lots of other minor stuff. The good news was they also had a '97 580SL 4x4 40th anniversary addition there that was much nicer, but it had a lot of hours-6,200hrs on it. It ran great, had A/C (COLD), 4/1 bucket, no rust, really nice running & nice looking machine for the hours. Almost looked like it was garaged most its' life. $29,500 I dunno, I think I'm gonna keep looking. I need to get a nice machine down around $27K This Series II looks more like it. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5875708&guid=3B83CB25CF8F4BEBA18C3ACF744996C6
The link you gave shows it at $27,500 now, not at 29. Looks nice. Blake WA
Yep, my mistake, $27,500. Looks like the loader was repainted & re-decaled.
looks good but they must of re-decaled it because the the 40th aniversery would not be on a '99 machine . that is one thing i would make sure of is that it is a series II machine because case did not make series II in the 40th aniversery model. but from what i can see looks clean except for the dirt lol lol
Yeah, that doesn't make sense. 40th aniversary would have to be a '97.
So does that mean it's in your price range now or no? Blake
I always like to go on www.equipmenttraderonline.com and look up stuff....I found this one: http://adcache.equipmenttraderonline.com/9/2/0/88325320.htm Not too bad looking. Blake
That's where I search, too. No way I can do open ROPS
Ummmm, whatever....:beatsme
I sold a log skidder through them. It was a free listing too. First ones free.
How about these???? http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5825665&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5785060&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5397264&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5863746&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5632165&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5701733&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171 All have under 4,800 hours, are 4x4 & none are older then a 1997.... These are all better machines then the ones you have posted...atleast I think so.
Thanks for trying to help me~! :usa Most of those machines were not extenda-hoes, which is a feature I need and that typically adds $2,000 to the price. A couple that were xtenda-hoes were "L's", I'm looking for a "Super-L" . I would also like to stay reasonably close to PA so when i find one, i can go look at it. I really appreciate the help, those are very clean machines! :notworthy If you find any more, by all means, post them here. Here's what I'd like: Must have: Case, 4x4, X-hoe, Cab, Super-L(turbo) Would be nice if it had any of this: Series-2, A/C 4-in-1 bucket.
Well if you want a machine for under $30K with those specs & low hours then you'll have to look around for them....Michigan isn't that far away..... This one is in Bristol, PA; has everything you want except the 4-in-1 bucket..... http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5701733&guid=66edb97a45a14b8e9168260c7b83f171
I already called about that one. It's on my watch list. It's actually at another location in Ohio. From the pictures it looks like it was run hard & put away wet. Doors are rusted, cab looks like it's probably rusted, too. If you could get it cheap enough, it would be a nice machine with new paint, rust fixed & decals.
Here's one on Ebay, looks very nice but the reserve has not been met yet and he has "buy it now" at $45,000 so the machine could be rather high in price and no one has obviously met that price. A lot of SL's are 30 and up. I saw one for 62!!! An M model goes for that (used). hahaha http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-Case-580-S...8QQihZ001QQcategoryZ95493QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Blake
I got a price on an M turbo new with deere controls ride suspention grid heater full cab heat/ac aux hydro in front 4x4 e-hoe full light package and a cloth suspention seat ran about $71,900. now show special for 2006 super M pretty much same except for pilot controls $73k
Theres 4 at www.brooksideequipment.com ranging from 24-29k
Duke, this place is only an hour from me. If anything there looks good to you, I could probably take a look at it for you.
Stephen, that would be awesome! That dealer seems pretty big and I've talked to them before. Maybe I'll take you up on that.
I'm definently not an expert, but I'd be more then happy to take a look and let you know what I think. Just let me know, and I'll see what I can do. I personaly don't know anything about the dealer. I didn't even recognize the name, but then I clicked on the link and saw that it was real close to me. I know I have driven past a dealer that is in the same area as this one, but I never happend to notice the name on the building. It probably is the same place. If so, it is a fairly big dealer.
The only thing I don't like about New England machines is they get beat pretty hard by digging in rock and winter plowing. I notice they look a lot more rusted than machines south of me. I think if you can find one that was stored inside and not used for snow, it would be a lot nicer condition. I can tell when one was used in salt, the lower edges of the doors & floor pan are usually rusted. I don't want anything like that, too expensive to fix.
And I am a half hour from it and you. Brookside is a decent place, they sell alot of equipment. Dont let a shinny paint job fool you.
If your on 2 in phillipston at the 202 exit thats the one.
Here's a nice clean machine close to me, but real high hours: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5879427&guid=A6147D6093664975AADA9AA462EA76E8
Their lot is right up next to rt 2, right?
Yup thats it. get of on 202 south go about 200 yards.
They had a bunch of Cat backhoes and a few Cases out there last time i was there. Cat 420DITs and Case 580SLs. Everything seemed to be nice I went out there to look at a Trojan loader.
Seems like almost every one has rusted doors & rusted cab edges. Case doors were like $900/each and who knows how much to fix the cab sheetmetal. :beatsme I have found a few that were very clean, though. Key is not plowing snow and not storing them outside. Problem is, 90% of the used ones have done both.
messed up post
HUH?
I was going to post something about another Case backhoe, but I messed up. It sold while I was typing, so it's no longer available.
lol, oh.