Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used CAT 330D or 330DL from china made in Japan check serial number

jiru toni ยท 2021-01-18 06:07

Hello what is your idea about CAT 330D or 330DL made in Japan? I found some machines in Shanghai and the price looks good.. a friend of mine checked one if they are real. Do you know how I can validate the year of manufacturing using the serial number? 1) CAT 330D, year 2018, serial number CAT0330DAEAH00543, 2900hours, price 51000USD, photos 2) CAT 330DL, year 2017, serial number CAT0330DHNBD01025, 3200hours, price 51500USD, photos

Replies5
  1. #1Cmark2021-01-18 06:33

    In both cases you're about 10 years out on the age. NBD1025 is a 2008 model. EAH543 is a 2007 model.

  2. #2jiru toni2021-01-18 07:10

    Do you mean the year of the model or the year of first manufacturing?

  3. #3Cmark2021-01-18 07:34

    No. Those are the actual build dates of the specific machines.

  4. #4jiru toni2021-01-18 07:37

    I wasted one week searching in shanghai from the internet most of them are fake and the one that are real they try to cheat somehow...

  5. #5Nige2021-01-18 10:53

    You're lucky. There have been cases on HEF previously of what were being offered for sale as Cat machines that were not even Cat manufacture. I can confirm the data supplied by my learned friend above regarding manufacturing dates. See below.