Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320e loss of control to levers and tracking

Winchesterz ยท 2021-01-19 10:54

Digging out a pond with everything fine, stopped to set up a water pump and jumped back in, started to turn and everything stopped working though the engine still runs. I have replaced the safety switch thinking that was the cause and still no controls. I have checked all the fuses, and none are bad. I use the computer to pull a code and it gives me code 4682-3 I have no clue where to look this up and I've searched all over the interwebs.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2021-01-19 11:04

    4682-3 is a Diagnostic Code related to Cat Product Link (antenna fault) and IMO nothing to do with your problem. I wonder if the coupling between the engine and the pump has failed if everything was working fine hydraulic-wise and then just simply stopped.?

  2. #2heymccall2021-01-19 19:40

    Swap the pilot enable and the travel 2 spd solenoids, after relieving the tank pressure. I can't remember if it throws a code or not when the pilot enable solenoid fails.

  3. #3rmllarue912021-01-19 23:51

    When you shut machine off did you hear a small rattle as engine was slowing down ( cause by backlash in coupler ) i got 345b that's been asking for attention all summer lol

  4. #4rmllarue912021-01-19 23:52

    If it's a fine tooth fiber one you'll never hear it my bad