Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used Kubota U17-3 vs Yanmar ViO17

Lachy · 2019-12-05 06:09

Hey guys, I am looking at purchasing a used mini excavator couple of thousand hours. Just wondering on reliability of the Yanmar vs the Kubota? It seems I can get a lot more extras in the Yanmar than the Kubota for the same money I’m guessing there’s a reason for This? Also I’ve only used a smaller Yanmar not the ViO17 and I know I already do prefer how the Kubota drives. So I am leaning towards this depending on potential problems with either.

Replies3
  1. #1Vetech632019-12-05 07:28

    Both are decent machines. I have customers that have both and I cant really tell a lot of difference between them. I will tell you from my experience, the Kubota engines are great but they cant take dirt infiltration in the air intake system...……...and they do NOT take overheating well.

  2. #2PeterG2019-12-05 11:37

    Both are great machines. Might depend on the condition of each, and the dealer nearest you. I would also suggest getting the one that comes with more buckets, or easiest to get buckets that will work with the machine, and also get one with a thumb.

  3. #3farmboy5552019-12-10 16:21

    As PeterG said price, hours & dealer support would be the thing. I have both brands Both are good