We have a 2008 Bobcat 331 G AACS11188 since it was new, cab machine with 1400 hrs, it's been mostly trouble free. The other week I started the machine and I walked away from it for 10 mins or so. When I got back to it I heard a noise and realized the starter was still running. Looked inside and the code showing is 22-02. By the time I turned it off the starter was really hot and trashed. I replaced the starter assy and now when I start the machine the starter stays engaged and I get code 22-02. If I remove the starter solenoid wire after starting the bobcat the starter disengages and we can operate normally other than the 22-02 code. I've replaced the starter relay, checked the continuity of the starter signal wire and the computer J plug, correct battery voltage and clean battery connections. I looked over the wiring harness for rubbed areas but I don't see anything odd. Has anybody had this type of issue before? Any ideas what else I can check or is this a problem inside the computer? Thanks, Jeff
Key switch,I’ve seen a lot of key switches go bad especially if you have a lot of keys on the ring.
I unhooked the ignition switch this morning and checked it for correct continutity, its good. WIth the iginition switch unhooked I jumped the iginition to on with aligator clips and then started the engine with another jumper. Once started I removed the jumper to start and the starter still stays engaged. I then pulled the start relay and the starter was still engaged. I pulled the start wire form the starter solenoid and the starter stopped, checking the start wire it's got 14V(engine running and start relay removed). I'm geting feedback through the computer system somehow. Could a shorted fuel solenoid be backfeeding in this manner? If it's shorted when energized(holding) and backfeeding the computer? Is there a way to ohm/check the fuel solenoid?