Can get some used Loegering Trail Blazer OTT tracks or Uay another $800 to get a new set. Using to landscape and construction of some spec homes. Picture gives you an idea of what I need to do. Rented rubber tracked machine but never used steel OTT tracks. Any advice appreciated!
I'd try to weigh out the savings vs. the wear on the used set. I'm not that familiar with the Loegering, that is I've never taken a set off to know how they are "linked" together. I run the "Grouser" brand. Pad wear will be obvious, but the connecting hardware (pad to pad) is where most of the wear happens. You'll love em on those slopes. If buying new, check out all the different makes out there now. Forever it was just Loegering & Grouser making them.
Thanks. I'll look closely at the link area. Fortunately, it's not to big of a detour to check them out. Just a pain taking the trailer for not reason. Was able to download the manual off the Loegering site so that should help too. I have to get this right. No escaping down the mountain so I have to get back up!
I have Loegering tracks that are just about all worn out. To "re-build" these OTT"s each pad consists of hardware that includes 2 "dogbones" and 2 cam-bolts with nuts. The price to buy all the parts for one track pad is about $7.20. Multiply that times 60 pads (both sides) and you have your total of about $432.00 plus tax. Then you have to dismantel and replace all of them! That isn't a hard job,but a very,very boring and long job! But well worth it for "new" tracks when considering buying actual new loegerings is around 3 Grand! Btw,my tracks are on my 773 G-series with 10x16.5 tires. Also with Loegerings properly installed with the proper slack adjustment,there is ample room for tire "slippage" inside the tracks so as not to allow the front and rear drive lines to "compete" with each other causing potential great harm to the hydraulic system. Good luck on your decision!
I bought a set of Eterra OTT tracks about 6 years ago and have been very happy with them, great traction and since they weigh 1k pounds or so it helps with stability as well. Wear has been minimal and after maybe 100 hours of use (I don't use them too often) I have only tightened them up one hole which is probably due more to breakin than actual wear. I am running them on a 763F and pretty sure they were 2100 delivered from skid steer solutions. They do transform the machine. The only reason I don't leave them on is because it gets bumpy on hard ground, they definitely do more ground damage and the little bit they raise the machine prevents the bucket from sitting flat on the ground when doing finish grading work.