Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used/New servicing

Kenskip1 · 2019-04-18 01:37

OK, So here is the picture.I am browsing around and liking the Yanmar 25. However the price is a tad to steep for my bank account.I have looked at used and have viewed several only the next larger size,Yanmar 35.This 35 is a 2017, has 2500+ hours on it for almost the cost of the 25. What I wood like to know is how well serviced are these machines in the real world?Many individuals run the machine until it breaks.Yes I have looked at rentals also.People beat these pieces not knowing if they are doing damage or not.One video had a small Caterpillar skidding logs for an entire weekend. Yes it was a rental. I do not want to be digging out a culvert and have a hydraulic failure and be shut down for a few days.Do rentals have service records? BTW, I don't even have a machine yet but have found a neighbor with 4 small stumps he would like removed.Anyway, thanks for listening,Ken

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632019-04-18 06:35

    The larger rental outfits usually have decent records of equipment repairs and servicing for each piece. The smaller outfits don't take as good of care of their equipment...…..at least this has been my experience in dealing with both.

  2. #2Bls repair2019-04-19 18:32

    Agree with Vetech63 on smaller shops .