Looking for some used parts.. I know it’s a long shot.. anyone got one laying around that would sell parts?
Good day If you can post which parts you are looking for may be able to suggest some help. Kind regards Uffex
glass windshield top and bottom, maybe some other parts. Depends on location/price/shipping
You won’t find new, they don’t make em. you’ll have to find a wreck with A good one and that will be hard. If you have the frame you could get a glass shop to make one up but will cost a small fortune. If I were you I would take the frame out all together and make a 1 piece shield out of acrylic. The frames are dodgy after 25+ years and are prone to slipping out of the sliding/ locking mechanism. I’ve had success with acrylic, even though it’s stiffer than perspex, it lasts twice as long And doesn’t yellow. You need a heat gun And hand held propane torch And have a friend doing the bending work. Use heat gun to begin with working the width of the section to bend. Once you cant get anymore heat out switch to torch but you have to be very careful, too much heat and it will bend too quick and distort the translucency, too little and it won’t bend.
Thanks for the suggestion but my frames gone.. why I’m looking for used parts.
Good day If I have intetrepted your post correctly, you have what was known as a helicopter cabin (curved). I belive the chances of finding used unbroken glass would be very remote. Maybe better looking at replacing the cabin shell. Kind regards Uffex
Hi Antmang do you have a serial number for the machine? we have some NOS of Samsung windscreens and I can check to see if any of them are right for you
@Antmang I have had a cursory look and believe I have both the curved main glass and and the bottom glass, New Old Stock.
It’s an Se130 LC2 if you have new old stock.. it’s probably more than I’ll want to spend.. my ex Cato’s pretty work out.
I am missing the frame and hardware as well.. that’s why I was looking for used.
my 240 glass is gone and cab beat up so i ended up taking plexiglass and heating it and using zip screws not prety but my cab would never fit the stock glass anyway not that i could even find one. Bought mine for 5k running with no tracks he cut 4 more up i tried to buy. Cant find the parts and my local volvo dealer acts like im from mars when i call there for volvo parts? .
I have found a parts manual and owners manual. (Found a repair manual but wouldn’t spend $500 for it). My local Volvo dealer can get some of the parts.. from what they’ve told me.. all the Samsung part numbers were changed.. I think they can look them up with the part numbers i give them.. Shame they cut up the other machines.. there are not too many of these left from my searching.. i did find one that was being parted out but they wanted too much for everything..
If it’s old, worn out and not your daily driver and you can’t source a used one go the acrylic/plexiglass option. You don’t need the frame anyhow , just remove the large seals that run around the inside of the opening and fix the new piece on the outside. Take the metal sun visor off and use the 4 provided holes to bolt it down, there should be a few more down the bottom but you’ll probably need a few more In the middle section. Use a heap of silicon and she‘ll be more water tight than the original setup.