Looking at a new to me wheeled skid steer. Budget it around $13000. I have found a nice 01 case 85xt with 2300hrs and an 06 case 430 with 3100hrs. both in that price range. Any pluses or minus' to either of these?
I had an early 2000's 85XT. It didn't really like my elevation, no turbo and under powered in my application. Case traded me out for a 95XT. The 85XT has had some axle breaking issues, an update included using 95XT axles which solved the issue. The 430 is a solid machine. I never owned one but did have a 440 which in view was one of the best machines I have owned. Which is better would depend on condition of the machines and what you want to do with it. If your loading trucks and doing a lot of lift and carry, the 85XT would work better. If your mostly grading type of work and not needing the additional ROC of the 85XT, the sight lines are better on the 430 since the radial linkage is more clean than the vertical linkage of the 85 machine. The ROC on the 430 is 2K, and the ROC if I remember correctly is 2600 on the 85XT.