Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used Skid Steer Attachment

thesanchez ยท 2025-06-09 03:34

I've got a newer Kubota SVL with low hours on it. I've bought a ton of attachments for it, all new so I could hopefully avoid contamination. I recently bought a used rock crusher (non Chinese) from an auction. The attachment showed up without the flat face connectors on it - in other words hydraulic lines were left open. It looks very clean. I was going to replace the lines just to hopefully purge it of most continuation - should I do anything else? It has a case drain and supply/return lines. I'm nervous to hook it up to my machine and risk spreading around any STDs (skid steer transmitted diseases).

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2025-06-09 09:01

    I think you are being overly cautious. Buying new attachments simply to avoid contamination is way farther than you need to go. This rock crusher attachment doesn't need to have the lines changed simply for contamination reasons. There is nothing contaminating those lines that will hurt the machine. Flush the attachment of existing fluid and call it a day.

  2. #2thesanchez2025-06-09 20:41

    How would you suggest flushing it? The lines were sitting for at least 2 months, *without* flat face connectors and there was some corrosion on the opposite side of the line where it meets the machine.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-06-09 21:26

    Put one coupling on hook it up qnf blow a gallon or 2 of oil though it and put the othet one on and get to work