Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

using a vibe plate

xrlentau6 ยท 2011-04-22 00:04

Just trying to find out what method people here prefer to use when using a vide plate on a digger to compact a trench. The 2 methods I have seen/heard about are. Pushing down on one spot eg trench line, and then doing the same on either side. The other method is using it like a compaction wheel and just moving down the trench line putting pressure on.

Replies3
  1. #1BradM2011-04-24 23:17

    Our company always pushes down on one spot to compact then moves and repeats.Seems to help w/compaction when testing is required.

  2. #2Dozerboy2011-04-26 20:28

    Back when I did underground our company used it like a compaction wheel in most cases.

  3. #3stumpjumper832011-04-26 21:04

    I'm not sure but I could see where sliding it along might be harder on the rubbers in the vibe plate more so then spot vibing, I've seen both done though.