All, As the user name might imply I am new to the industry and am being asked if we can use two Rough Terrain Forklifts in combination for a lift. I can find plenty of info regarding the use of multiple cranes, but NOT off-road forklifts. I appreciate any input.
I noticed on page 4 of the thread "And so it begins (the never ending flow of money) in the Shoptalk section there looks to be a pic of two telehandlers lifting in tandem.
If the land is pretty flat , you are not exceeding the machines' lift limits or breaking any laws of physics, why not ?
i assume you are talking about extending boom forklifts. Same as with any crane boom be carefull not to pull sideways on one with the other. While quite stout they can be easily pulled over or a boom can be easily bent or tipped when extended with side stress. If you are going straight up as in Shimmy's new shop photo that was refurred to you should be fine. Of course your owners manual probably warns against it. Be careful, keep your help clear until everything is stable and good luck. The corporate insurance policy where I worked excepted any dual pick without prior notice and a detailed pick plan for them to review and approve.
Is it a best practice NO, is it doable YES. I absolutely wouldnt allow travel with a tandem pic but if you use the same rules and principals behind a two crane pic and do it with outriggers extended its not impossible.