Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

V Shearing Blade Identification

69Camaro ยท 2013-11-06 23:33

Hi, I'm trying to identify the manufacturer of my cutting blade. I've never seen another quite like it. I visit here from time to time and figured it would be the best place to maybe find out some more information on it. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1td25c2013-11-07 00:02

    Looks like a Rome V cutter blade. Nice looking d7G . www.romeplow.com

  2. #269Camaro2013-11-07 10:12

    Thanks! It may be a Rome, I haven't been able to find a picture of another like it. All the blades I have found are equal on both sides, my blade is offset some. The right side cutting edge starts a few feet before the one on the left. I have some better pictures, but they were all to large to upload here.

  3. #3td25c2013-11-07 18:36

    Thats interesting 69Camaro about the cutting edge being somewhat offset from left to right hand side. Was thinking the same thing after viewing a V blade in this picture on a link I posted in another thread. Only thing I can think of is it aids the stinger in splitting a tree or stump possibly. We have the K/G blade & love it for clearing. http://reveg-catalog.tamu.edu/04-Mechanical.htm#Shearing_Blades

  4. #469Camaro2013-11-07 21:30

    I'd say you are right, it's bound to be designed that way to reduce the load a little when cutting. Here's a little better picture of it.

  5. #5roddyo2013-11-07 21:40

    Back in the day there were a lot of smaller shops that made cutter blades somewhat regionally.

  6. #6td25c2013-11-07 21:41

    Damb 69! Point that thing in a safe direction as I feel like I'm about to be split in half Thats cool, Pretty handy tool.