Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

v2203 kubota/bobcat 335 fuel issue

tnc110 ยท 2021-08-19 11:02

08 bobcat 335 with kubota v2203 engine. machine is starving for fuel. I replaced the fuel filter, filled fuel filter with diesel 911, replaced lift pump. still fuel starved...or so it seams. if I squeeze the fuel primer bulb while it it running it clears up for a few seconds. removing fuel line and squeezing primer bulb ,fuel flows freely. as soon as I replaced the lift pump the machine ran great for 5 minutes or so then fuel starvation slowly came back. not sure if the engine temp is a factor. maybe cam that runs lift pump is worm? any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1tnc1102021-08-19 11:16

    any chance a bad fuel shutoff solenoid would slowly come out causing this issue?

  2. #2Rob Gunn2021-09-09 13:52

    I would take a look at the pickup tube in the tank. It may be clogged at the screened end. I had my John Deere 997 mower do this last year. The tank had black tar diesel fungus and it clogged my intake in the tank. I drained the tank, rinsed it out with solvent 2-3 times, replaced the pickup tube, refiled with fresh diesel. I also added a extra inline filter just past the tank that I can replace every year or so.

  3. #3heymccall2021-09-09 14:05

    Does your hoe have one of these in the tank?