Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

V60B tow motor/ caterpillar

Morris Watkins ยท 2025-04-01 23:09

On my V60B the steering wheel is turned all the way to the left and won't turn back to the right.any suggestions would be great

Replies7
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-04-02 15:02

    We used to run a lot of v80s at work I remember them doing that. If I remember right the linkage on axel is worn and letting it go over center

  2. #2Morris Watkins2025-04-02 15:16
  3. #3Morris Watkins2025-04-02 15:20

    Yes it did do that and I jacked it up got the fixed that part ,went to start it and the steering wheel took off by itself all the way to the right

  4. #4pittsburgh cat man2025-04-02 15:42

    I seem to remember our v120 doing that I think they just worked steering with out it running and it straightened up but i'm not sure it's been a long time ago

  5. #5Morris Watkins2025-04-02 15:46

    I had to bleed the hydraulic fluid from the steering cylinder to get it turned back, tighten it back up started the lift and the steering wheel took off by itself all the way to the right

  6. #6pittsburgh cat man2025-04-02 15:55

    I don't know if air in system would cause that or not I still think I would try working steering with out it running

  7. #7Morris Watkins2025-04-02 16:34

    Ok thanks ill try again