Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Value

thebig450es ยท 2009-11-11 23:06

Im looking for a used skid steer. What are some good 1500+lb payload value machines. thanks

Replies4
  1. #1nobull12009-11-12 19:44

    Everyone has an opinion on the make and model that would fit your needs. Here is my opinion of one that might work. I have a 1997 763c Bobcat that has the bics (safety system) but no computer. According to Bobcat people this was the last of the easy to fix machines. The Gage's are analog and a handyman can do their own repairs. There was a lot of these machines made and a lot of people know about repairing them. Once you get into the computer systems a lot of times you need dealer assistance to overcome quirky computer problems. The cost of computer/Gage's replacement is expensive. This is assuming you want a 10 year old machine and not newer. In my case I was lucky to get a machine that fit my budget, is common and easy to work on. If you want a newer machine, than others will have a better recommendation

  2. #2thebig450es2009-11-13 09:01

    Im looking for something i can find about $10K. I need something now to complement my PC50 excavator. I have 2 Case 580's and a case 780 but they are way to big for what im trying to do now

  3. #3rjm0222009-11-13 13:51

    i recently bought a 2003 cat 226 with 1800hrs for 9995.00. a nice little machine. very happy with it.

  4. #4upnover2009-11-13 20:04

    I think if you pick up a CASE 1845C with the Cummins engine they are a great machine if you can find one still in decent shape. I'm still looking myself for one with heat in the cab!