Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Value Cat E70B? worth fixing up?

KrayzKajun ยท 2013-06-02 11:08

Im a heavy equipment junky. There is a pile driving company the next block over from my shop. I stopped over this to pick up some old tires. And the owner asked if i would be interested in this old E70b. He started it up and moved it. Yea it needs work. But for the price i figure i cant go wrong. Its worth more than that in scrap value. He offered it to me for $1500.00. Yep thts correct. figured i could use the machine for a few demolition projects coming up and to dig up some tree stumps. is it worth getting it into working order and run it till it dies?

Replies14
  1. #1Huntoon2013-06-02 12:43

    You right: you can't go wrong at that price imho. I'd buy it.

  2. #2KrayzKajun2013-06-02 16:23

    anybody have any expeirence with the Cat E70b?

  3. #3KrayzKajun2013-06-04 11:50

    Anyone else?

  4. #4Dr. Dozer2013-06-07 10:29

    i'd buy the thing for parts and let you make a few bucks on the deal too if you wanted to sell it ?

  5. #5caterpillarmech2013-06-08 07:21

    Buy it for that price. Keep it for a little while and double your money.

  6. #6UrParts2013-06-11 04:56

    Let me know if you buy it as I have someone looking for a final drive for one.

  7. #7finaldrive2013-06-11 18:56

    We have finals in stock ready to ship. Both blade and non blade style.

  8. #8UrParts2013-06-12 04:41

    Your company are on UrParts so you would have received the request for the E70B final drive. If you didn't get it let me know.

  9. #9finaldrive2013-06-12 10:12

    Didn't get it.

  10. #10spitzair2013-06-12 20:55

    Wow! I'd buy that thing in a flash for that price!!!

  11. #11UrParts2013-06-13 04:20

    the request would have gone Wambua [email protected] . Is this the same company that you work with?

  12. #12finaldrive2013-06-16 15:39

    Yes. We discussed this email account via email Is the customer still looking?

  13. #13UrParts2013-06-17 16:23

    yes he submitted another request for E70B final drive only 2 days ago.

  14. #14UrParts2013-06-18 06:52

    I will get admin to resend the request but it will got to Wambua. If you want it to go to another email address please send it to me and I'll arrange.