Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

valve body oil leaks

speedbuff ยท 2009-09-14 12:32

Stil working on the ugliest hoe jcb 3c mk 11 .the engine is running the shuttle serviced and now working .here is my next issue one of the rear hoe controlls is leaking oil up past the valve .I suspect an o ring failure are these special o rings? can i just match one up or does it have to come from jcb thanks speedbuff

Replies3
  1. #1lee2009-09-14 13:44

    hi if i remember from doing these a few years ago there is a o ring and a dust seal i think you can just use normal o rings but to be sure contact digger doctors just google it they will know and will probabley have the seals in stock hope this helps

  2. #2Phil2009-09-14 19:52

    If you can take the seal to a hydraulic shop, they may be able to fix you up. Might be a quad ring, I have used them in place of o-rings on spools especially where the spool is scored from dirt. Try and measure the spool, so they at least know the I.D. If there is a J.C.B. dealer that you can deal with I would be tempted to try and order the correct set of seals from them. I have used the JCB dealer in Frankfurt, near Trenton Ontario, and they are very reputable. Phil

  3. #3IH 3500A2009-09-15 22:26

    To expand on this, a quad ring looks like a clover leaf. These lips flex to produce a better seal than a regular o ring.