Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

valve clearance specs.,cat 426c 3054 perkins engine serial# 06XN03729

Kona Jake ยท 2017-10-21 18:31

Hello, Everyone, I'm trying to track down the valve clearance specifications for my backhoe, I can not find anything online. I've had this machine since new and was doing some maintenance in the engine compartment, changing fan belts, radiator temp housing fixing broken muffler brackets and valve cover gasket, Now I begin to think if I had ever adjusted the valves, and I don't think I ever have, so my question is after 18-20 years is this normal for wear and tear? About 9-11,000 hours I'm guessing since the hour meter has been reading a blank for some years. My real question pertains to the valve specs. for the Intake and the Exhaust , I have used a parts book for years but have never bought a mechanic's manual for this backhoe. Does anyone have those specifications handy? The engine runs very well, some blowby but not horrendous and runs strong no excess oil use, and no off noises as if the engine is coming apart, The serial number is: 06XN03729 Any information you may be able to provide would awesome, Thank You, Jake

Replies4
  1. #1Bluox2017-10-21 20:39

    Both .012" . Bob

  2. #2Kona Jake2017-10-21 21:36

    Thanks Bob, I appreciate your help and hope to have complete sets of manuals soon,,,, Thanks again, Jake

  3. #3Bluox2017-10-21 22:28

    Make sure you get a operations & maintenance manual also. Bob

  4. #4Kona Jake2017-10-21 22:49

    Maintenance was changing filters 4 times more than the oil, the amount of work early in the backhoes days only allowed minimal maintenance not sure if it held up like it did because it's a cat or what, I do love my cat equipment, I'm somewhat biased in that case, I been using it all my adult life, thanks again, Jake....