where did you happen to find that pic of the 5110 loading cat off road trucks. i beleive that is a mcaninch hoe. that pc600 from muschlitz excavating is a real hunk of ****, so ive herd
another one for your ever increasing collection:thumbsup
Hello Trackhoe71. He got that photo of the 5110B/740 ADTs off of another site. Both of the McAninch 5110B's are in Camdenton, Missouri on the Route 5 project. They are moving a bit over 7 million cubic yards of earth for the bypass. McAninch also has 5 Caterpillar 777D's attached to the excavators. http://www.modot.org/central/major_projects/Route5Progress.htm - Christopher
Good follow up Constsite.:thumbsup That site has some good pics. :yup
Here are a few shots of the 345CL that can be seen above. In the first photo you can see the four sensors on the stick and boom with the receivers on the cab and rear of the machine. The second photo shows the operator displays.
Pretty neat stuff. I've never seen these before,so pardon my ignorance,but what are they used for ? Are these accurate enough that they can tell the operator exactly where to dig ? How well do they hold up in such a harsh environment ?
They work very well. The horizontal error on the newer systems, such as the one Chris is showing) are within +/- 1" I believe. The vertical error is even smaller, depending on your satellite strength anyhow. The monitor includes a chip with is loaded with a CAD map of the the specific job, with the finish grades programmed in. If the system is accurate enough to do pipe work, maybe to keep the run on target and manholes in they're proper location, but I do not think it is accurate enopugh to give invert of pipe to the tight tolerances that are sometimes required. Weather is not an issue, and it does not affect the GPS whatsoever. That being said if you get too close to a wall, or under trees you can lose your signal, go figure The company I work for has GPS on 90% of our dozers, at least 2 815F compactors, and a growing number of our mass excavators (as I pictured above). I hope that all helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer them.
Wow,1" is pretty accurate. I guess i'm used to the consumer stuff,which is lucky to be accurate to a few feet,and only if you have a good lock on multiple sats.
Thank you for the pics 9240pullpan!! I love those CL Cat Excavators. Does anyone know how they move a 385 in Ohio?? I know we move a 375 without bucket, stick, c/w, and tracks, I have never seen or heard of a 385 being moved here though and I was just curious.
I'm not shure about Ohio but here we had a 385 working blasted rock at the new LNG terminal and how they floated it from Cat in Fredericton was the unit minus boom,stick,bucket,counterweight and tracks to keep it road legal for weight.But still required a permit as it was oversize in width. I think off had the largest legal excavator here to haul fully intact is a 45 ton but a 55 ton can be done but requires you to have an escort.
Is that Top Con stuff?? Maybe from Caron East?
No, it is Trimble GPS. They have a patent on the dual GPS masts shown above, this is the easiest way to spot a Trimble system in most cases. Cat and Trimble have a strong partnership however and this is with the Cat "AccuGrade" also has dual masts (trimble makes the GPS systems). The newer Cat's are actually GPS ready from the factory minus the actual components.
Dose the trimble system need a base station set up some where on the job? Just wonderin how different Trimble is from Top Con? Dose trimble have set up for dozers,and dose it require dual masts on the blade? I only have one on mine right in the middle, but its Top Con!
most trimble systems require a base staion set up on the job. i beleive all the systems require dual masts. everything from baldes to hoes, graders and scrapers, you can put them on. im not sure about an held hand unit though if that needs a substation though.
The handheld, or "rover" needs a base station as well. What the base station does is take the error out of the satelite signal. It recieves the same signal from the satelite, and compares that to the fixed location that it "knows" where it is. (because you told it) then sends a correction to the rover. Finishing your work has never been easier. Its like watching TV and playing a video game.
Trimble has both single and dual mast systems for everything from dozers and graders to excavators and scrapers. The dual masts are better because it can tell if your going forward or backward, and has a more accurate reading on slopes. JDofmemi is right both the rover and machine need a base station to correct the signal errors, but you can run an infinite number of machines and rovers off of it, so it all works out:thumbsup
The contractor I'm currently employed by is very seriously looking at getting into GPS for the coming construction season. The salesman from Trimble has been really pushing his product on the head honchos and he did a pretty good job because I think they're about to dump a couple hundred thousand bucks into GPS equipment this year. Would you guys say that Trimble offers the best product? Is it true you need a total station to take a few shots first before setting up the job for GPS? I think my employer is most interested in getting GPS for a 140H grader and D6R at first and then probably install it on a 345BL pipe hoe or two next year. They might just go ahead and get some new iron that's more designed to be incorporated with accugrade like a D6T, 140M or 345CL instead of adapting the old equipment. I wouldn't put it past them for a second, the D6R and 345BL are getting a little worn.
928g boy, :IMO My best recommendation would be to check out Trimble's website, they have some pretty good tutorials on how the whole GPS system works and how you set up a site for the system etc. I see we have some new icons... cool:my2c
Somewhat ironically, i went to a construction conference thing today and got to bother/pester the trimble salesman 'til i was blue in the face. Very educational.
more GPS hoes This past and next week I'll be runnin an A30c runnin under a 345bLME with GPS... here is a shot I took with my camera phone.:cool2
Nice pic. What project are you guys working on there? Is it in the Lehigh Valley?
hey guys,thanks for the pictures.They are nice Just a question,cat have is "home made" gps system but dos trimble have complicity with komatsu?Because at bauma and other trade shows,komatsu equipments are featured with trimble gps.
Trimble can be adapted to any excavator as far as I know. I was actually on their website last night looking at dual plane laser recievers for dozers and such. We're thinking about adding high efficiency dual plane automatic grade control to our skid steer via a boxblade or 6 way blade. I imagine GPS systems are just like laser systems, they can be adapted to any machine.
subject I recently saw a Cat 385 in a rest inTn.,no bucket or boom.But still had its tracks and the cab was pointed down for bridge clearance.No counter weight either.We have a 345 hoe and when I move it I move it whole.Pop er up on the low boy bind and chain down and with a escort away I go.We have a 55 ton balckhawk trailer pulled by a Kenworth tandem axel daycab.60 series Detroit and a standard 10 speed tranny,no jakes.:drinkup
hey Jim is that Gregs old hoe #3415??? where is it at
Hmmmm that is strange. I thought that Topcon and Komatsu were doing a joint venture type deal. That is what there press release said last year.
Hello , here is a pic of the back of my machine .
That 345 is a beauty!
Need for a base station. Need for a base station. All the base stastion does, is to send out a correction signal by radiocommunication to all systems that listens on the frequency. When the base station is set up, you have to configure it, that means tell it where it is.(you calculate the correction) This value is then sent out by radio. The recievers in all the machines use this correction to correct the gps position to a exact position. So if you get the correction signal or you have a known point you don't realy need a base station with the GPS systems in the machines. That is if the system you are carrying is equiped correct.(rover or you have the handheld programming system at hand in your machine) With the rover you can go to a known point and lay the exact grid into the system. The system then calculates the correction between the GPS signal and the known point you punched into the computer.(inside in the computer, without receiving it by radio):bash This calculated correction is her in Norway correct for a radius of 5000 meters. 15 000 feet apr. (That radius differs with the number of satelites you reseive, and where in the world you are. Sattelite coverage) If you move further away you need a new fixed point, and need to do a new correction calculation inside your system. In Norway you can pay for correction signals over the cell phone network. The rover is then connected to a "cell phone" and talks to a database over the phonenetwork, receiving the correction data. This means you can be anywhere, have no fixed point and reseve the correction over the cell phone. The database knows where the phone network antennas is located, and thereby the "area" you are in. And then the correction. The same applyes to the machine unit. If you take the machine to a known point and puts the end of the blade on it, and tells it where it is it will calculate the correction value. This is then valuable inside the 15 000 feet radius. Of course this technique is not a smart thing, when you have 10-30 machines on the field... Smarter to put out a base stastion.:drinkup
That is Chestnut Ridge in Magnolia, DE. We were enlarging a pond by 17,000 yards, digging a few borrow pits, and dug a good 10,000 yards out of a prebench... we finished up today so who knows what is up for next week:beatsme PullPan- yes that is Greg's hoe, he's still running it, for now anyway. He might be getting a white hat here in a few weeks, but who knows lol.