Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vermeer rtx 1250

Smitty2424 ยท 2016-06-15 20:23

Hi all....I have a 2013 vermeer rtx 1250 and 1 problem that has eaten my lunch. Every hydraulic function on the machine works except the backfill blade tilt down right side. I have rerouted the lines to bypass the splitter valve and still nothing. Also replaced the cylinder...still no joy....any ideas?

Replies10
  1. #1lantraxco2016-06-15 23:46

    Not familiar, any chance you have a hydraulic schematic? Maybe a dumb question.

  2. #2Smitty24242016-06-16 10:47

    I wish I did...and vermeer is more tight lipped than any company I have ever seen.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-06-16 12:45

    You just gotta love that... NOT! So it works for up but not down? If so, have you reversed the lines to see what happens?

  4. #4Smitty24242016-06-16 13:32

    Yes reversed the lines and got the problem reversed.....I don't know how but I'm guessing a line is pinched closed where I can't see it.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-06-16 14:08

    Okay, where did you reverse the lines? at the cylinder? Sounds to me like you may have a valve issue? If a line was pinched off, it would stop oil flowing out of the cylinder as well wouldn't it?

  6. #6Smitty24242016-06-17 01:02

    On the belly of the machine near the front drive yoke is a splitter valve that allows you to use the same control for two purposes...right and left....and the tilt right and tilt left by hitting the button supplying voltage to the splitter coil and valve. So I bypassed the splitter valve first to see if the valve was the issue...same problem. Then I switched the lines at the cylinder still bypassing the splitter...problem reversed. So my issue has got to be the lines unless inside the frame somewhere is another junction. But again I can't find any literature and vermeer won't hardly speak to me. That being said I will fix it and every other issue we have with vermeer. Chances of them getting a service call is now nil.

  7. #7lantraxco2016-06-17 04:18

    Ah, I'm following now. Maybe a lock valve hidden somewhere. I'm with you, that's horrible customer support.

  8. #8Rentalstop2016-06-17 05:27

    Call Vermeer Heartland in Washington Courthouse, OH. Ask to speak to a tech, they have always been helpful when I call. I mention that I bought equipment there, but don't really think they mind either way. I have only bought a handful of machines there. Just call and tell them you are north of Columbus and need some insight. They don't need to know you are from another state. Worst they can say is sorry, can't help.

  9. #9Smitty24242016-06-17 14:03

    Ok...all done...I had decided the new cylinder must be defective and started to remove it. When I pulled the male fittings from the cylinder I found one to be orificed and plugged solid...with a torch tip cleaning tool I got it up and running. I called vermeer and they said the hydraulic schematic doesn't even show it listed. Thanks for the btainstorming.

  10. #10lantraxco2016-06-17 15:27

    Wow, well done. Crazy...